The Wayne County Detention Center
The Wayne County Detention Center employs 26 personnel, both full-time and part-time. The detention center is a 180 bed facility which houses both males and females which includes state and county inmates from local to statewide.
State Inmate Work Program
Inmates are eligible for the work program are Class C and Class D felons who have been classified through the Department of Corrections. These inmates work in the community at various agencies.
State inmates in the work program receive one day work credit for every 40 hours they work which is deducted from their sentence.
Services to Inmates
The Detention Center offers several classes for the inmates to be involved in:
- GED Classes, in which several inmates have earned their GED. Inmates also have computer training to help them obtain jobs after release.
- Church Programs - Various nights, weekly
- Life Skills - To help inmates with daily skills after release, like balancing checkbook, etc.
- Recovery Dynamics which is a drug prevention class.
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) - a premiere cognitive-behavioral program for substance abuse treatment and for criminal justice offenders..
The Detention Center now has video arraignment that is used by our local courts and the Kentucky State Parole Board. This allows inmates to be seen by the Judge and/or Parole Board without being transported out of the Detention Center.