The Fiscal Court is comprised of four (4) magistrates elected to a four (4) year term by district. The Judge/Executive presides over the Fiscal Court. The Judge/Executive is elected by large to a four (4) year term.
The Fiscal Court meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the County Courthouse, 55 North Main Street, Suite 102, Monticello, Kentucky 42633 at 6:00 p.m. All fiscal court meetings are open to the public.
A basic source for the powers and duties of the fiscal court is KRS 67.080. Under this statute the fiscal court is permitted to appropriate county funds for lawful purposes, buy and sell county property, supervise the fiscal affairs of the county and county officers, maintain accurate fiscal records and exercise all other corporate powers of the county. Further, the fiscal court may investigate all activities of county government and establish appointive offices and define their duties.
The fiscal court is also required to provide for the construction, operation and maintenance of county buildings, roads and other property and for the incarceration of persons arrested in the county. Additionally, the fiscal court is directed to adopt an administrative code for the county.
The Wayne County Fiscal Court pays association dues to the following organizations:
- County Executives of America
- Cumberland Green Lakes RC&D Council
- Emergency Medical Service Educators of Kentucky
- Kentuckians for Better Transportation
- Kentucky Association of Counties
- Kentucky County Judge/Executive Association
- Kentucky Emergency Management Association
- Kentucky Magistrates and Commissioners Association
- Lake Cumberland Area Development District
- Monticello/Wayne County Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Counties
- Solid Waste Coordinators of Kentucky
- Wayne County Interagency Council